Easy Peasy Self-Care Ideas
Easy Peasy Self-Care Ideas
On a day to day basis, it’s easy to get carried away with our long to-do lists and to neglect taking care of ourselves. Let’s face it, with the busy life we run, we often feel overwhelmed, stressed and just in a constant ‘catch-up’ mode. Thinking about self-care could feel like a luxury.
Taking time to eat lunch, exercise, and hang out with friends? That just feels like slacking.
That mindset backfires, though.
Self-care is actually your best coping mechanism. It’s your ally.
Self-care actually helps you make progress faster for a few reasons:
- Self-care prevents burnouts
- Self-care reduces the negative effects of stress
- Self-care helps you refocus
How incorporated is self-care into your usual working week?
I’d like to offer you some inspiration and new ideas. I’ve made a list of my favourite self-care practices:
- Putting aside some time every day to read a book, listen to a podcast, watch a movie, read my favourite newsletter.
- Going on a short walk without my phone.
- Setting time aside for my hobbies.
- Setting time aside to exercise or practice yoga.
- Trying a new thing every week (note that new doesn’t mean fancy and expensive!)
- Getting my nails done.
- Getting a face and body scrub.
- Spending the whole day braless. (have you tried this? this is freedom, sister!)
- Getting a bath with lavender oil, while some relaxing music is playing.
- Sitting comfortably and just focusing on breathing. Inhaling and exhaling fully: letting my belly and rib cage expand. Counting my breaths.
- Getting a massage.
- Embracing the opportunities for kinaesthetic experiences that make my soul happy. For example, I love the feeling of my feet touching the grass or sun kissed beach sand.
- Spending quality time with my significant other, friends and family. Even if that is for 30 minutes: what counts is that you’re doing it with intention.
What is your favourite self-care practice?
I’ve designed this cozy printable list of self-care ideas, so that you are all set and ready to go:
Self-care is possible for all. If you feel inspired by this amazing list of easy self-care activities, why not get into the next level and join my 7 days Self-Care Challenge?
The 7 Days Self-Care challenge aims at making you experience how easy Self-Care can be and how valuable it could be to reduce your stress levels.
Here is what to expect from this challenge:
- We will cover every aspect of self-care: mind, body & soul.
- Each day comes with a theme and different activities will be suggested for you to pick from.
- You can fit your daily self-care activity in your schedule and make it last as long as you see fit – 5min or 1 hour, it’s totally up to you and your schedule.